Lydney Cricket Club was formed in 1862 and first played at Lydney Park Estate, which was made available by the Squire of Lydney, Reverend William Hiley Bathurst. The Reverend’s son Charles Bathurst served as the Club’s first President and Captain with Gilbert J. Keeling being the Club’s first Secretary.
In 1875 the Club moved to its second ground, which was still within the Lydney Park Estate. This ground was used up to the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939. Following the war, the Club began playing at Bathurst Park in Lydney and in 1949 moved to our current home at the Lydney Recreation Ground. In 2012, the committee were able to secure the lease at the Rec for a further 25 years; a huge boost, as it allows the club to apply for funding from a variety of sources.